Hello awesome creatures!
I hope you had a great week, you rested enough and you’re ready to welcome the new week which is ahead of us! I know I most certainly will!
This week was a long and tiring one, since I was sick and spent plenty of days in bed, but it also gave me the chance to make some progress with my Statistics essay, as well as with the one I’m writing about Risk Management. Wish me luck, folks! Time is of the essence!
Also, I managed to finish yet another chapter of my recent WIP, for which I am very thrilled! It’s unfolding beautifully! And quite darkly I may add. You’ll get to read it eventually; probably towards the end of summer.
A bit sooner though, you’ll be able to read the prompt I’m about to start writing about a phenomenal contest the Paranormal Community on Wattpad is hosting! If there’s any of you out there who would like to participate, all you have to do is follow the link I gave you! I promise you, it’s gonna be super fun! Especially if you feel as inspired as I do…
And how could I not feel inspired? I mean, I watched Beauty and the Beast the day before yesterday. Best Friday night EVER! This movie was a complete and utter masterpiece!
I adored it! The settings were beautiful, the soundtrack was mesmerising, the actors were truly talented and the whole story was simply breathtaking! I know I have watched this movie before, but this instalment was something completely new to me! So new that I almost feel a bit sad I wrote such a dark fanfic based on this fairytale!
Back to the movie though… Best moment during the movie: Dan Stevens’ song, “Evermore”! Oh my… Just listen to it and you’ll understand what I’m talking about! All you have to do is click here. I still feel goosebumps when thinking of that scene, combined with the song; not to mention the Prince!
However, don’t be deceived by looks, dearies! Inner beauty is what matters the most! A beautiful heart is what matters the most! I know there were many who said that maybe Belle was suffering from Stockholm Syndrome to choose staying with such a Beast, yet I personally think this is rubbish!
First of, we’re talking about a fairytale! Second of all, even if this was a story based on true events, which actually is, Belle chose to stay in the Beast’s castle to save her father. This, by its very definition, abolishes the Stockholm Syndrome theory, since the Beast did not practically kidnap her. And finally, the Beauty and the Beast fairytale was inspired by the real-life story of Petrus Gonsalvus and his bride-to-be Catherine. Petrus suffered from hypertrichosis, which made thick, dark hair grow all over his body and face. He had been taken from his native Canary Islands to live among the royal family of France, who treated him as an amusing freak because of his condition. Catherine, a court servant, didn’t know about his hair growth until the couple met on their wedding day, but it didn’t bother her. The couple had four sons, with two inheriting the condition, and three daughters who also had it.
As you can see, folks, beauty doesn’t always matter; and that’s why Cupid is always portrayed blind! Because there are more important things than good looks! Kindness, bravery, honour, gratitude… I’m sure you agree; but if you don’t, I’d be happy to read your point of view!
I wish you all a great day!
Till next time… Toodles!
P.S.: I’d like to thank Maggie from Dreaming of Guatemala for including me to the nominees of the Awesome Blogger Award.
And to answer her questions…
- What impact do you want to have on the world? I wanna make the world a better place!
- What is your vision for your blog in the next six months (future posts, design, etc)? Well hopefully, I’ll keep writing about my WIPs, book reviews and stuff like that, and there’ll be more people out there willing to read my blog. As for its design, I’m working on a logo right now!
- Where is somewhere you would love to go? Fairyland!
- What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you? Took off their shoes because my high heel had broken.
- If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be? The building of Parthenon!
- What is a skill you’d like to learn? Why? I’d like to become a kung fu master. Girls are usually underestimated and some may thing they could take advantage of them.
- What are you most grateful for? My family!
- If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be? Live your life to the fullest!
- Which activities make you lose track of time? Reading and writing.
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Well, I suppose, when doing things you love you can say you’re truly living!
So, that’s it! Happy Birthday Maggie! Wish you all the luck in the world!
Have a great week everyone!